It’s such a beautiful day outside, and I’m trying to think of something witty to say, but it seems like my mind has decided to take a mini-vacation, so please excuse the lack of wittiness. I hope I am forgiven. 😉
Anyways, I was in the mood to make something delicious for dessert because I have milk that is about to expire (like yesterday). But I was out of eggs, and could not bring myself to get my butt off the couch and to the store. I’m still planning to make a lemon pound cake with the milk, but until I manage to hunt down some eggs…. I decided to make homemade pasta sauce!!!
I had about ten tomatoes that were way past ripe, so I figured there is nothing easier or better to make than homemade marinara sauce. Seriously, all it takes it a bit of chopping, stirring, and voila, homemade sauce! I have friends coming over for lunch tomorrow, so this is also such a great recipe to make for a large group of people. Just boil some pasta, throw together a salad, brown some beef or turkey, and lunch is served. I’ll update tomorrow with the final product. 🙂
10 ripe (or overripe) tomatoes
1 1/2 chopped tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
onion and garlic powder to taste
1 tblspn salt
1 tspn pepper
basil to garnish
1. In a large saute pan set on medium high, chop the onions & saute. I sprayed the pan with olive oil cooking spray, so the onions wouldn’t stick.
2. Once onions brown, add chopped garlic.
3. Chop tomatoes (notice a pattern with the chopping)
4. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Set on high & let bubble for an hour.
5. Set heat on low & let the tomatoes simmer for as long as you can stand it. The longer, the better!